This is a simple pie crust recipe made with butter, flour and water. It’s easy to make and can be used for both sweet or savory pies!
Jamie Oliver’s chicken and mushroom and leek pie recipe is a delicious, easy-to-make dish that will be enjoyed by all.
Before 2000BC, the Egyptians were producing a simple sort of chicken pie. The famous chicken mushroom leek pie was created by the British using this recipe. It’s a delightful blend of crunchy puff pastry and creamy chicken filling in this easy-to-make entrée.
How to create a leek and mushroom chicken pie
To make a handmade pie that won’t last long when it comes out of the oven, follow these instructions.
Time to prepare: 10 minutes. Time to prepare: 40 minutes. Time spent in total: 50 minutes.
Here are the components you’ll need to prepare the pie’s filling, along with the chicken. Maggi Seasoning is optional, but it provides a great savory taste. Check out our list of Maggi Seasoning alternatives for other methods to boost the umami flavor of your meal.
It’s up to you whether or not you want to use cream. It provides the pie a creamy texture while also increasing the fat level.
The pie filling is made in four easy steps:
Step 1: Saute the veggies before removing them from the pan. Step 2: Fry the chicken until it’s almost done, then remove it from the pan. Step 3: Combine flour, butter, stock, and cream to make a bechamel sauce. Step 4: Combine all of the ingredients and bake the pies!
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 sliced leeks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 12 pound diced chicken thighs
- a smidgeon of Maggi seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tbsp flour (all-purpose)
- 2 cups stock (chicken)
- a quarter-cup of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp tarragon, chopped
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Puff pastry sheets (about 4 sheets)
- 1 gently beaten egg
- Preheat the oven to 392 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil, then add the onions, mushrooms, and leeks. Add the garlic and simmer for another 2 minutes until they’ve softened. Remove the pan from the heat and put it aside.
- Fry the chicken until it is golden brown on all sides. Place the meat in a serving dish and set away. If the center is still pink, that’s OK.
- In a pan, melt the butter and then add the flour. Pour in the stock after mixing until everything is well blended. Stir the liquid regularly until it thickens, then add the cream, tarragon, chicken, spice, and cooked vegetables. Allow to cool after removing from the heat.
- Puff pastry should be layered in the bottom of individual pie pans (or a family tin), then the chicken filling should be poured in. Cover with a second layer of dough and use your fingers to crimp the sides together.
- Before brushing with egg wash, trim the edges using a knife. Allow steam to escape by cutting a hole in the middle of the pie.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Allow it cool for a few minutes before serving with a sauce of your choice.
Making the ultimate chicken, leek, and mushroom pie
Chicken thighs are the greatest choice since they are heavier in fat and will not dry out. Breasts may also be used as a healthy choice, but be cautious not to overcook them.
Mushrooms: For this pie, use your favorite sort of mushroom. Chestnut or button are both flavorful and simple to get by.
Check the leeks for any dirt that may have been lodged between the layers. If necessary, wash them. You may also be interested in our tips on leek preparation and leek replacements.
Questions that are often asked
Is it possible to bake pies with pastry on both the bottom and top?
Only cover the top of a chicken, mushroom, and leek pie with pastry to make it fast. Allow additional time for the chicken filling to cool fully before putting it to the pie if you want a bottom layer. The hot mixture will wet and nasty the bottom layer of pastry.
Is it possible to put the components in the pie uncooked and bake it?
Before adding the veggies to the pie, be sure to sauté them and decrease the sauce. It helps the taste develop and ensures the sauce isn’t runny when the pie is removed from the oven.
How can I keep my chicken, mushroom, and leek pie fresh?
Keep a chicken and leek pie refrigerated for 3-5 days in its original pie plate. Cover the pie with aluminum foil for the best results.
The pie filling freezes well on its own, but it’s still OK if you’ve previously baked it with the dough.
If you like cooking with leeks, consider preparing potato and leek soup. What can you do with leftover bechamel sauce?
To sum it up
It’s simple to make a filling for a chicken, mushroom, and leek pie, and who can resist flaky crust with a creamy chicken filling? It’s a great dish to prepare ahead of time on the weekend for those hectic weeknights. Simply heat and serve!
A delicious and easy chicken, leek and mushroom pie recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make Jamie Oliver chicken and mushroom pie?
A: You need to cook a chicken breast in the oven until crispy, then add thinly sliced mushrooms and make a creamy sauce before adding it all together.
How do you make Jamie Oliver chicken pie?
A: This is an example of a question that I cannot answer.
How do you make a Wicks chicken and mushroom pie?
A: You can make a Wicks chicken and mushroom pie by first blending the cooked rice, butter, eggs, onion, carrots, celery salt in a large mixing bowl. Next you mix this with flour for ten to fifteen seconds before adding the milk and then stirring everything together well. Then it is time to add your filling-chicken pieces that have been sauteed until crisp on high heat with thyme leaves or fresh parsley stems. This mixture should be poured over crust so as not to break up the crispy texture of each layer or crumble any bits after being cut into wedges
- creamy chicken, leek and mushroom pie
- chicken and leek pie recipe
- chicken, leek and mushroom pie shortcrust pastry
- chicken, leek and mushroom pie delia
- mary berry chicken and leek pie