Keto Collard Greens Wraps – Tastylicious
Collard greens wraps are a great way to add extra nutrients to your diet. The Keto Collard Greens Wraps are a low-carb, high-fat dish that is perfect for any meal.
Go to the Recipe
This low-carb collard greens wrap dish is great for breakfast, lunch, or supper. Each wrap contains around 8 grams of carbohydrates (depending on the components used), and the whole process takes less than 30 minutes.
Including collard greens in your diet has various health advantages. As a result, these keto wraps are really yummy, incredibly nutritious, Whole30, Paleo, and keto-friendly. And since they’re so adaptable, you can even create a vegan collard green wrap with them.
I understand how difficult it might be to go a day without eating a sandwich. However, there are a plethora of nutritious and keto-friendly options. And although I understand that this keto collard wrap will still taste quite different from the typical sandwich that we are all used to, it is still really tasty.
Contents Table of Contents
Benefits of Collard Greens
The health advantages of eating collard greens cannot be overstated. They are nutrient-dense and give several benefits when included in your diet. The greatest thing is that they’re low carb and keto-friendly.
Vitamins and minerals abound in collard greens. Of course, they’re also high in fiber. You may receive the following benefits from this green vegetable:
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant.
- Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that is
Collard greens provide a number of health benefits, including improved bone health, a lower chance of cancer, a lower risk of birth abnormalities due to the high folate content, and a boost to your immune system.
Ingredients Required and Variations
There are several delicious ways to include collard greens into your diet. But I like to create these keto wraps since it’s the simplest way to get both protein and fiber while being low-carb.
You’ll need the following ingredients to create these Wraps made with Keto Collard Greens:
- Collard greens’ leaves – pick medium-sized collard greens’ leaves so the wrap doesn’t end up being too tiny;
- Cooked turkey breast – For this wrap, I prefer to use cooked turkey breast, but you can use nearly any sort of meat: bacon, ham, shredded chicken, turkey sausage, and so on. However, bear in mind that the nutritional value of these wraps may alter if you use a different kind of meat.
- Mozzarella slices – I like mozzarella cheese for this, but any form of cheese slice would suffice;
- I can’t fathom cooking this keto collard green wrap without the aioli mustard sauce. If you haven’t tried it yet, you should do so right now;
- Mayonnaise – you may use whatever mayonnaise you like. However, since I just converted to avocado mayo, I used it in this recipe as well;
- Avocado – avocado is a must-have for those roll-ups since it’s the best veggie for the keto diet.
- Cucumber – I usually like something crunchy in my wraps, therefore cucumber is a requirement in this recipe.
- Bell pepper – Depending on your tastes, you may either include or leave out the bell pepper; the choice is entirely yours.
Aside from the fundamental components, you may add various extras based on your preferences. For example, I occasionally make these roll-ups with sautéed mushrooms, red onion, ranch dressing, iceberg lettuce, hummus, peanut sauce, or cooked spinach.
You may also play around with the spices and herbs you use in these keto rolls. I like to season my bagels with Everything Bagel Seasoning. However, virtually anything may be added: chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, dried basil, rosemary, and so on.
Collard Greens Wrap Instructions
Making these keto wraps isn’t difficult at all. The following are the primary actions you need take to create them:
- Prepare the leaves of the collard greens. To do so, heat a big pot of water over high heat until it boils. The collard greens should then be added to the water and cooked for a minute or two. Then take them out of the pan and put them in a colander to drain. After rinsing with cold water, gently dry with paper towels. The next step is to remove the stems from the leaves and flatten the spines of the leaves with the backside of the knife.
- Assemble. To begin, sprinkle the sauce and mayonnaise over the lettuce leaves. The turkey breast and mozzarella cheese are then added. All additional filling components should be placed on top of that. Avocado, cucumber, and bell pepper should be placed in this case.
- Bring things to a close. To wrap your collard greens, fold the sides first, then roll them up. It’s exactly the same as when you’re making a burrito.
When you create these keto wraps, it’s ideal to consume them throughout the day. However, you may keep them in the refrigerator for up to two days. Put them in an airtight container or cover them in plastic food wrap just before putting them in the fridge.
And, if you’re considering freezing these keto roll-ups, I strongly advise against it. I’ve tried it before, and after thawing, it doesn’t taste as it should.
Wraps made with Keto Collard Greens
This low-carb collard greens wrap dish is great for breakfast, lunch, or supper. Each wrap contains around 8 grams of carbohydrates (depending on the components used), and the whole process takes less than 30 minutes. They are super tasty, insanely healthy, and highly customizable. They’re also Whole30, Paleo, and keto-friendly.
Time to Prepare: 25 minutes
25 minutes total
Breakfast, Dinner, and Snack
calorie count: 287 kcal
Fill a big saucepan halfway with water and set it over high heat to bring it to a boil.
Place the collard leaves in the boiling water for one minute. Then take them out of the saucepan, set them in a colander, and rinse them under cold water. Allow the water to run off.
Remove the stems from each leaf and flatten the spines of the leaves with the back of the knife.
Place three leaves on a cutting board, ensuring that their edges are stacked one on top of the other. Over the leaves, spread one teaspoon of mayo and one teaspoon of mustard sauce. The turkey breast, mozzarella slices, and the other contents are then placed on top. Fold the leaves in half and wrap them up. Make the other two rolls in the same way.
Serve by slicing in half with a knife.
Calories: 287kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 15gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 426mgPotassium: 364mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2gVitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that is: 2286IUVitamin C is a powerful antioxidant.: 28mgCalcium: 368mgIron: 1mg
Keto breakfast, Keto supper, Keto snacks, turkey breast, veggie wraps, collard greens wrap
Keto Collard Greens Wraps are a delicious, low-carb wrap that is perfect for lunch. The hummus and avocado cream sauce provide the perfect balance of tangy, creamy flavors. Reference: keto hummus.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are collard greens good for Keto?
A: No, collard greens are not a good food to eat on the keto diet. Collards will slow down your progress and leave you feeling unsatisfied with how quickly you lose weight because of their high carb content.
How do you blanch collard greens for a wrap?
A: You boil the collard greens in water for a few minutes and then wrap them up tightly with several layers of paper towel.
Are green wraps Keto?
A: Keto wraps are the same as green wraps, but theyre not made from lettuce.
- green wraps for cars
- keto lettuce wraps vegetarian
- keto chili with veggies
- keto tofu lettuce wraps
- hummus on low carb diet